Launched in Bahrain in November of 2019, Calo is on a mission to make healthy easy. We’re a team of dedicated people driving this mission by providing better, faster, and cheaper ways to access food through technology.
We're looking for a User Experience Designer to take ownership of enhancing the usability of our app & web products through understanding the customer needs, documenting their journeys, and sketching flow wireframes. You will be taking business needs and turning them into actionable items for the engineering team. Communication, empathy, and critical thinking are key characteristics for the role.
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets
- Build page navigation buttons and search fields
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colors and images
An ideal candidate would be
- 2-4+ years of experience in Product/UX/UI design
- Experience designing a product from the ground up
- Demonstrated portfolio with functional and user-centric designs across mobile, desktop, web, and hardware endpoints
- Deep understanding of design process to guide, plan, and scope project work
- Strong UX, interaction, and visual design skills
- Strong wireframing/prototyping skills
- Knowledge of conducting research
- Experience partnering with engineers to release features, products, and/or services
- Expertise in programs such as Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, and prototyping tools
- Excellent visual and verbal communication skills
- You’re a self starter who’s spent the majority of your career working in and around design, product and engineering, ideally at an early stage startup.
- You're obsessed with delighting users delight and you always put them first by talking to them, testing your choices, and designing the best experience for them.
- You love simplicity. The more you can make people’s lives easier, the happier you are.
- You are a problem solver who knows how to turn product requirements into design strategies and solutions that will meet best the needs of both the users and the business.
- You focus on impact. You see each day as an opportunity to deliver meaningful value to members and hosts. You seek and know how to leverage your superpowers.
Wait! there is more.
Culture fit is really important for us at Calo, we'd recommend being personal in your application so we can get to know you better :)