Meet Zain Bahrain
Zain Youth is a training program that offers Bahraini students a unique opportunity to gain work experience while seeking their degrees. Participants in this program will be exposed to real business world challenges that will increase their employability skills, preparing them to take their first career steps following their graduation. The youth development program is focused on feeding the minds of students and sculpting their professional skills through teamwork, collaboration, training, and practical fieldwork. It also provides them the opportunity to develop projects and develop innovative business ideas and test them against the real. Zain is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Zain will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If a reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, please contact ([email protected]) or DM in our IG account (zain.youth.bh).”
Provides quality and accurate legal and regulatory support to the Legal, Regulatory & Compliance Department.
- Support the Legal, Regulatory & Compliance team in the provision of strategic advice and initiatives to all organizational units and support the business objectives on all legal and regulatory matters.
- Support the Regulatory Manager on new Regulatory developments and issues (as applicable) which may impact the business by undertaking relevant legal and technical research and studies.
- Participate in management of all Legal and Regulatory matters including drafting and reviewing of advice, letters, consultation responses, reports and other legal documents/ contracts under guidance of the Regulatory Manager.
- Highlight all legal and regulatory risks for business users and amend documentation where applicable to cater for these risks.
- Arrange to provide the information requested by the regulatory authority, on an ad-hoc or frequent basis, before deadlines, including reviewing and scrutinizing the data with internal stakeholders.
- If requested by the Regulatory Manager, to liaise and communicate with the telecommunications regulatory authority and maintain the relationship.
- Assistance to the management in the relationships with the regulatory authority, including the drafting of any correspondence, claim or requests and ensuring compliance with the regulatory and providing reports when needed.
- Participation to the legal acquisition of new sites, registration of sites or building leases.
- Ensure compliance of the company with all legal and regulatory frameworks, aligned with regulatory authorities’ rules.
- Ensure new laws and processes are aligned with new or existing laws, such as VAT or labor law or any new law issued by the government; and ensuring legal department is updated with any new law issued.
- Perform any other related duties as assigned or needed
An ideal candidate would be
- Law degree from a recognized law school or other degree with Regulatory experience in telecoms
- Fresh graduate or employee with less than 1.5 years of accumulated experience(s).
- Knowledge of local, regional and international laws and regulations – including those relating to the telecommunications industry and other commercial and business laws.
- Fluent in both English and Arabic; writing and reading
Wait! there is more.
- Uunderstanding of the legal, regulatory and compliance and the implementation of its tools.
- Knowledge of legal theories, principles, practices, and procedures.
- Excellent communication, presentation and writing skills.
- Good level of comprehension, analytical and time management skills.