Responsible for creating food plans and nutrition programs, and oversee meal preparation. Ensure that all the meals are prepared according to the dietary requirements following the agreed standards.
- Calculate patients' nutritional requirements using standard equations based on assessments of blood chemistry, temperature, stress, physical activity, age, and weight of the patient.
- Inspect and check the diets of the meals before dispatching to the patients.
- Work out diet requirements for patients for weight loss if required.
- Provide health care advice and promote healthy eating.
- Assess nutritional needs, diet restrictions and current health plan to develop and implement dietary-care plans and provide nutritional counseling.
- Consult with physicians and health care personnel to determine calorie in-take, nutritional needs and diet restrictions of patient.
- Advise patients and their families to avoid diet restrictions, and right food selection and preparation.
- Supervise and train BAS employees on how to prepare meals and special diets based on the nutritional requirements.
- Monitor food service operations to ensure conformance to the customer specifications, nutritional requirements, safety, sanitation, hygiene & HACCP standards.
- Create recipes, develop menus and standardization for the food service operations.
- Inspect the nutritional content of food (including new products) and advise the supply section of any special requests to meet nutritional requirements.
- Advise and co-ordinate with the client’s catering department regarding the specific dietary requirements of patients.
- Create information packs, flyers and other promotional materials as and when required.
- Organize, develop, analyze, test, and prepare special meals such as low-fat meals, low-cholesterol meal, diabetic meals, renal diet, pureed meals,…. Etc.
- Responsible for the administration work and filing.
- Undertake special ad hoc projects as required/necessary.
- Comply with the Company and Airport authorities’ health, safety, and security regulations.
An ideal candidate would be
- High School Diploma.
- Degree in Nutrition & Dietetics
- Ability to work well with others within a culturally diverse environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Willingness to learn new skills and participate in ongoing training sessions.