Shamsaha (previously WCCI) operates the first and only victim’s crisis advocacy program in the Arabian Gulf, providing emotional and informational support for women who have experienced domestic violence and sexual violence. Our two advocacy programs operate 24 hours a day, and 7 days a week. Shamsaha was founded in Bahrain in 2015 and began full-scale operations in January of 2016. Shamsaha has a team of over 100 people, including more than 115 volunteer certified advocates. Among the group, there are 20 languages spoken and a wide range of skills and expertise.
To support our growth plans we have created this position for a dedicated client case coordinator. In this role you will work with our leadership team and advocates and be at the forefront of supporting the women and client families we work to empower. You will provide client information, referral, logistic and emotional support from our office based in Financial Harbor, as well as virtually, supporting women who have been victims of abuse.
· Coordinate client needs and cases to promote women’s empowerment
· Be knowledgeable and share information about support services for clients
· Manage needs and expectations of clients, promoting self-sufficiency while providing compassion and understanding
· Provide relevant information and resources for client needs from legal, therapy, medical, financial, and family
· Keep diligent case notes in a thorough and up to date manner
· Liaise with case work manager to find novel solutions to client needs
· Support and liaise with volunteers regarding clients and cases
· Provide leadership and mentoring for volunteers
· Maintain an up to date understanding of the advocacy program to support, evolve and strengthen the advocacy department
· Work with community groups, and civil society organizations to build partnerships for client needs
· Research and engage with the community to find new and novel resources for clients
· Develop and maintain relationships and partnerships with external service providers and partners
An ideal candidate would be
· Experience in social work, human services, psychology
· Moderate technology skills and willingness to learn
· Fluency in English and Arabic required
· The ability to work in Bahrain
· The ability to work under limited supervision and under pressure
· Ability to self-motivate and find joy in a challenge
· Ability to set boundaries with clients and not internalize the challenges
· Maturity and advanced listening skills
· Experience working with different cultures
· Exceptional organization skills
· Outstanding professionalism and personal integrity
Wait! there is more.
This role is for a woman only.
We are a multicultural and diverse team.
We work hard but play harder!