An ideal candidate would be
• Intermediate-level understanding of PHP using Laravel framework.
• Working knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming concepts i.e Classes and objects, Inheritance, Encapsulation, and Polymorphism.
• Good understanding of fundamental database concepts - relational (SQL) database, non-relational (NoSQL) database and ORMs/ODMs
• Working knowledge of core data structures.
• Experience with architecture and design principles, building to consider maintainability, performance, security requirements, and impact.
• Ability to work with Amazon Web Services (AWS) ensuring the reliability of the services.
• Ability to take ownership of small and medium-sized tasks and deliver while mentoring and helping team members
• Wide understanding and knowledge of the E-learning industry is a major plus.
• Comfort working within agile methodologies and experienced in estimation and time management.
• Intermediate understanding of unit and integration testing.
• Strong preference for test-driven-development (TDD) and understands its importance.
• Familiarity with at least one web server technology -- (ex: Apache, Nginx)
• Working knowledge of at least one CI/CD tool.
• Familiarity with containerization and orchestration techniques.
• Strong ability to problem-solve, debug, and understand pertinent performance metrics.
• Experience working with of software engineering collaboration tools