The Graphic designer should be able to work on the layout and visual aesthetics of magazines, online publications and other media. Each type of publications has a different aesthetic and set of concerns. As a graphic /editorial designer he/she should know contemporary trends, have skills in programs such as InDesign and be able to work on a deadline. Creating fresh-looking pages while maintaining the publication’s unique style is an important goal to achieve for layout designers.
- Offering input to creative meetings and sharing ideas
- Producing attractive and effective designs for all media
- Communicating with senior team members to receive feedback
- Liaising effectively with clients and other team members
- Supporting the team throughout the execution of campaigns and projects
An ideal candidate would be
- Should also have prior knowledge or experience in designing a publication or magazine.
- Has a good knowledge of InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Flash, and CSS
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Adept with leading design software packages
- Has the determination to achieve and succeed
- Is able to meet deadlines in a high pressure environment
- Has the ability to see projects through from inception to production
- Is consistent regardless of project size
- Has good organizational skills that support the rest of the team
- Has the motivation to maintain and improve design standards
- Is willing to listen to feedback and use it to improve
But wait, there's more!
Our team is young, multi-cultural and always ready to help! You will definitely enjoy the fun-filled startup culture with a crazy and vibrant team of passionate individuals! :D