The General Council for Islamic Banks and Financial Institution is an International organization affiliated to the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC). CIBAFI represents the Islamic financial services industry globally, defending and protecting its role, consolidating co-operation among its members and with other institutions with similar interest and objectives. It is considered as one of the International Islamic Infrastructure Institutions. CIBAFI is seeking a candidate for a position of Research Analyst in Islamic Finance. Based at CIBAFI office in Manama, Bahrain, the incumbent will be actively involved in research initiatives which include but are not limited to working on various research assignments, and CIBAFI publications.
- Coordination & follow up for the General Council projects that fall under research & regulatory affairs, internally and with external stakeholders.
- Undertaking industry research assignments, with in depth technical analysis, in the areas of interest of CIBAFI. The areas include but not limited to financial regulation, market practices, etc.
- Developing questionnaire and conducting surveys among the General Council members and industry stakeholders.
- Developing comprehensive concept notes/recommendation to proposed CIBAFI projects.
- Developing programme agenda for conferences and seminars, managing international speakers, etc.
- Any other initiatives that support mandate of CIBAFI.
An ideal candidate would be
- Should possess at least a Masters degree in the Economics/ Business/ Administration/ Finance/ Islamic Finance.
- Should have between 1 – 3 years of working experience in relevant field. Working experience in an international environment is an added advantage.
- Fluent in English and Arabic languages, written and spoken, knowledge of other languages (French) is an added advantage.
- Exposure to coordinating research and other projects.
- Detail oriented with an ability to meet multiple deadlines.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team, be part of multiple projects.
- Excellent, written and inter personal communication skills.
But wait, there's more!
Kindly note that incomplete application, will not be accepted. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.